The Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment (CDPHE) has approved the Colorado High School Activities Association (CHSAA), the Colorado Amateur Hockey Association (CAHA) and the Rocky Mountain Hockey League (RMHL) to “return to play”. The Ice Ranch will conduct “return to play” business operations following the information provided in those documents and the CDPHE’s 8th Amended Public Health Order 20-36 COVID-19 Dial 2.0.
There will be a visitor / team sign-in sheet at the check-in table. Each participant will receive a body temperature scan and answer health screening questions upon arrival. Each rink will have separate entrances and exits. The LHA Rink will use the NW Exterior Rink door. The Hawks Rink will use the main entrance.
- One (1) spectator is permitted per participant. Teams are encouraged to live stream their contests.
- Contests shall be limited to twenty (20) players per team plus support staff. Support staff shall include coaches, scorekeeper, clock operator, penalty box attendants, videographer and referees. The total count for any contest shall not exceed fifty (50) people.
- Participants may not show up more than thirty (30) minutes prior to their scheduled ice time.
- Players are encouraged to dress in all gear, except helmet, skates, and gloves prior to entering the facility.
- Facial masks shall be worn covering both nose and mouth when entering and exiting the facility by all event participants. Players shall wear masks when entering the ice surface and shall wear a mask upon exiting the ice surface. Masks may be removed during active play if it interferes with other safety equipment or interferes with breathing. Support staff must wear masks covering the nose and mouth at all times, no exceptions. Referees are encouraged to use electronic whistles, so they may wear their mask correctly at all times.
- Social distancing between all participants of six (6) feet must be maintained. Players’ bags should be placed six (6) feet from others’ bags. Players should store their belongings in their bags. Coaches should assess and determine appropriate spacing between players on the bench during game play, stoppages, intermissions, etc. Space adjacent to the bench area should be used whenever possible.
- Pre and Post contest handshakes, fist bumps, hugs, are prohibited between participants.
- Spitting is strictly prohibited.
- All water fountains have been turned off, so skaters must bring their own labeled individual water bottle.
- Do not share water bottles, towels or any other personal equipment.
- Participants should not shower at the rink (showers will remain closed).
- All event participants must exit the facility without delay following the conclusion of the contest.
- Thoroughly sanitize personal gear and equipment after use